Happy Saturday everyone! This week has been one of those weeks where the days have just dragged by! I’ve been busy, don’t get me wrong, but I think the combination of wonderful weather and my fast approaching holiday has put me in a bit of a lazy mood with regards to work and the days have felt like watching paint dry. Of course, once I get out of work and start heading home it’s fine. Does anyone else have days like this? Apart from work being.. well, work, this week has been a good one.
This weekend we’re planning to have a BBQ with Rorys family, I can’t wait, his mum always produces the most mouth watering platefuls of food. We’re looking forward to it! In the meantime, here’s a little list of what’s made me most happy this week…
1. Peanut butter on toast.. or just a spoonful of it out the jar! I can’t get enough of it.
2. Reading in Princes Street gardens during my hour lunch break. I love getting out in the sun for a bit to break up the working day, however, I usually just people watch, but the past week I have taken a book with me for a change. I will definitely be doing it again. I’m currently reading The Pure Gold Baby by Margaret Drabble.
3. Water. Lots of it. I’ve been trying to drink more throughout the day and I am beginning to really feel the difference.
4. Hearing that the Great British Bakeoff will be starting again! Hooray! Wednesday 6th August everyone! 🙂
5. Spending an afternoon with Tilly, my families cocker spaniel. She makes me laugh so much, she spent most of the afternoon playing with an old tennis ball that she found in the garden.
6. Discovering the youtube music channel Wave of Good Noise. It has introduced me to some really great music and I’ve been loving relaxing to them at night time before bed.
7. Going for dinner with my best friend Cara. We went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen as neither of us had been before and had heard really good things about it. The burgers were amazing! So many combinations to choose from, I eventually decided on “The Don” a delicious arrangement of American cheese, gorgonzola, baconnaise, rocket, onion jam, house mayo & pickled onion all sandwiched between a brioche bun. We had a really nice catchup!
8. Purchasing my very first Trouve Magazine. I am fed up of reading your everyday celebrity magazines.. infact I can’t say i’ve ever liked them. Trouve is a breath of fresh air and celebrates creativity.
9. Essie ruffles & feathers and wearing it constantly. Such a beautiful summery green colour.
10. Holiday planning 🙂 15 days to go!
Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend 🙂