Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a great week. This weekend I’m planning on visiting family and fitting in as much relaxation time as possible, I feel really run down this week. Definitely in need of a holiday to warmer climates soon! I also intend to drink a lot of coffee, eat too many raspberries (I’m a bit addicted to them at the moment) and also get round to reading some magazines I’ve had sitting waiting to be read for a while. Frankies new edition has been sitting waiting for over a week, and I still need to catch up with Delicious and Living Etc. What are your plans for this weekend? Here’s my run down of what’s made me happy this week.
1. Eating bowlfuls of healthy chicken minestrone soup with home-made oatcakes (traditional Scottish recipe and photos coming soon).
2. Watching my chili plants grow from strength to strength, they now have pretty white flowers blossoming on them.
3. Sitting outside in the sunshine on my lunch break. It’s so nice getting out of the office for an hour and Edinburgh is such a pretty City in the summer.
4. Going for walks along the canal after eating too much at dinner.
5. The smell of freshly laundered clothes.
6. Dior Vernis Summer Mix, Sunnies nail polish. It’s been providing me with summer vibes all week long, even though the weather’s been quite grey and miserable at times.
7. Stocking up on summer clothes, I go to Rome in August and so obviously I needed to buy some new clothes.
8. Natural yoghurt. I just can’t get enough of it.
9. Writing down favourite recipes to go into my recipe folder. I love looking through the little notes in my Mums old cookery books and scraps of notepaper she’d scribbled recipes onto. I’ve been trying to get into the habit of making paper copies of my favourites to continue this tradition.
10. The new dishes I bought from Toast. I love how simple and rustic they look.